CHELMSFORD CIVIC SOCIETY
The aims of Chelmsford Civic Society is to stimulate public interest in, and appreciation and care of, the history, appearance and character of Chelmsford.
- The preservation of buildings
- History and architecture
- River banks, parks and trees
- Future planning and land use
- Transport, road and car parking
- Recycling and litter disposal
Passionate about matters of historical interest and planning matters?
We hold a members’ meeting monthly during the year except July and August. If you would like to join, please contact us. The membership rate is £10pa for individuals & £15 for couples.
Our past events have included:
- Dr Paul Rusiecki and Jonathan Swan on the First World War
- Andy Begent on the Second World War
- Tim Wander on Marconi on the Titanic
- Stephen Norris on the Hoffmann Factory and on his history of Chelmsford
- Jamie Hacker Hughes at Anglia Ruskin University on Mental Health
- Simon Burns MP, Councillors Neil Gulliver, Cabinet Member and Roy Whitehead, Leader of the Council
- Vikki Heywood, National Chair of the Royal Society of Arts
- Reverend Nicholas Henshall, Dean of Chelmsford Cathedral
If you wish to become a member of Chelmsford Civic Society and join us on our programme of outings to interesting places then please contact us to join or download the application form below.